Saturday, May 2, 2009

(Not the)Swine Flu

This week I got sick. Fever sick. As you know, moms aren't allowed to get sick, so when they do all hell breaks loose. And so it was at our house. No clean diapers were to be found anywhere and hastily changed dirty diapers were everywhere else. Gross.

Fortunately, my illness only lasted 24 hours, but with everyone worried about the swine flu, I made sure to go to the doctor. They took a culture and advised me to wait until I had the results to resume my routine. So now we are self-imposed social pariahs and have to entertain ourselves in a way that doesn't pose a public health risk. With little ones that can be hard, so yesterday we went bird-watching. Yes, it is as boring as it sounds.

I have checked the symptoms of swine flu and we don't have most of them. The kids are sick, so I am guessing it's not a big deal. In the interest of keeping all the other moms well, I think today we will go on a hike today and just yell,"Unclean!" if we see anyone.

No comments: