Monday, May 11, 2009

Do Vegans Eat Animal Crackers?

Have you ever watched Babette's Feast? It is a strange, older movie that is basically about food and cooking. The eponymous feast basically changes the lives of the dinner guests. For someone who loves cooking as much as I do, it should have been a joy to watch - except that it actually shows the animals before and during preparation. Umm, no thanks. It was enough to make me seriously consider turning vegetarian.
Which brings us to the title of my post. How do vegans make sure they get enough calcium? At my daughter's most recent doctor's appointment, the doctor scolded me for not making sure my daughter gets enough calcium. Until recently, just about the only way I could get my daughter to drink milk was to serve them with bunny-shaped graham crackers. I will be getting her some multivitamins so she gets enough calcium, but I am also going to look for alternative sources of calcium.

1 comment:

william2233 said...

did you give up on your blog? from a children author