Saturday, June 28, 2008

Summer Reading List

My favorite part of the end of a school year and the beginning of the next one was a summer reading list.  I always looked forward to the recommendations with excitement.  Check out my 2008 summer reading list and feel free to add your own favorites.  I am reading these right now, so don't spoil the endings if you have already read them!

The Beautiful Things that Heaven Bears - Dinaw Mengetsu
Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert (it gets better after the first 50 pages, I promise.)
The Power of One - Bryce Courtenay
Bon Appetit Magazine(the best is the essay on marshmallows by Orangette.blogspot.com 's, Molly Wizenberg)

1 comment:

nicole said...

I know what you mean! That is one of my favorite parts of the summer too. Although, I always pick far too many. So, no matter what, I feel like a failure! My goal this year is Maritain's Range of Reason and, if the person ever checks it back into the library, Dostoevsky's The Idiot! on top my class readings... Let me know of that first book on your list turns out.