For me, one of the very wonderful things about not living in Manhattan was the low-key approach to schooling. I say was, because apparently all of us left coast parents have decided that we aren't cool enough unless we also take a cutthroat approach to education. Preschool - which by very definition seems to be about what kids do before they go to school, is now very competitive. It is not nearly as bad as New York, but I hear all the time about parents signing their kids up before they are even born. At many schools, there is a 2 year waiting list.
To me, this seems ridiculous, but in general I have a very relaxed approach to parenting and education. Maybe it's because I was homeschooled for part of my education, but it seems to me there are many different ways for kids to learn. Regardless, I too have jumped on the waiting list bandwagon and have found a trick to avoid getting left behind when my daughter turns 3. What is it? Sorry, you'll have to figure it out on your own.
Hello world!
10 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment